Many people think that the plants we keep in our houses and apartments are there only to beautify the space and to bring more oxygen.
However, the fact is that plants can bring many other positive things. For instance, they can eliminate toxins from the air and mold too.
In other words, you probably won’t inhale these dangerous substances that can damage your health.
onion vs turmeric?👇
NASA has recently shared a scientific study focused on common domestic plants and the results were very interesting.
Some specific species of plants were able to clean the air and eliminate organic compounds that tend to evaporate at certain temperatures better compared to others.
In addition, these useful plants are able to purify air “enriched” with paint particles, building materials, dust, dirt, etc. In this article, we will present six plants you must have in your house or apartment.
These Plants Are Oxygen Bombs
This is the list of oxygen bomb plants and a short explanation of the things they can achieve.
- Ficus – Ficus also known as Ficus Elastica is a plant known for its simple maintenance and elegant appearance. In addition, this plant doesn’t need a high amount of light. Ficus can clear the air very well especially when it comes to formaldehyde present in the air. The only downside is that the leaves of this plant are very poisonous, so you have to be careful if you have children or pets.
- Aloe – Aloe is a plant praised for its healing properties. In this case, aloe has proven to be a great plant for increasing oxygen levels. It also absorbs CO2, CO, and formaldehyde. According to some studies, one aloe plant provides the same effects as 9 commercial air purifiers.
- Spider plant – The spider plant or Chlorophytum Comosum is an attractive plant that can start photosynthesis even when there are small amounts of light in the room. Spider plants can gather and eliminate toxins from the air including styrene, formaldehyde, and CO. A single spider plant can clean a space covering about 200 square meters.
- Ivy – Ivy also known as Hedera Helix is a must-have for every home. It eliminates more than 60% of air toxins. It can also remove about 60% of feces particles in the air in a period of six hours.
- Peace lilies – This plant, which is also known as Spathiphyllum Mauna Loa, is great for the removal of chemical and dangerous toxins. It also has the ability to remove trichloroethylene and formaldehyde.
- Snake plant – Sansevieria Trifasciata Laurentill or snake plant is extremely resistant and doesn’t require much maintenance. It takes only a small amount of light for this plant to start the process of photosynthesis. In addition to the elimination of toxins, it can also produce oxygen which is why many people use it in the bedroom.
According to NASA, people should have up to 18 of these plants in a home that covers an area of 500 sq. meters. In other words, 4 plants are sufficient for 80 sq. meters.
Via Educate Inspire Change